Wheel Of Consent Workshop
Sat 16 and Sun 17 June
10.00 – 18.00
Newbold House, Forres, Scotland
Safely-held, and gently guided by Michael Dresser.
Booking: is essential, as numbers are limited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07941418222.
(If you are keen to attend but cost is an issue please get in touch so we can explore options to enable you to participate).
Curious but want to know more before signing up?
Join us for a FREE informal taster talk, introducing some of the essential elments: Wed 30 May, 19.00 – 20.30, Newbold House, 111 St Leonards Road, Forres.
Here’s what recent workshop participants thought:
“Michael took us on a gentle and dynamic journey of The Wheel of Consent …at any moment I can now drop into awareness to be clear on where intentions are coming from”
“Michael was able to guide people through this, helping us navigate … take risks in a safe space, and experimentally learn what works and what does not work for each of us”
Ever found yourself enduring rather than enjoying touch?
Or given someone touch you wanted to receive yourself but didn’t know how to ask for?
Learn a simple, powerful navigational tool to bring choice and clarity to your interactions, creating clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection to self and others.
An experiential 2-day workshop, with an invitation to explore safe, clothed, touch on your own terms – including the choice not to touch. The focus is not on the touch itself. Instead it’s a powerful inquiry into knowing what it is you want and how to communicate it.
What’s it about?
- Waking up sensation – feeling and following what is enjoyable for you;
- Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself;
- Understanding the dynamics of Receiving and Giving and taking them apart;
- Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different;
- Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive.
The Wheel of Consent gives you an experience of four ways to touch and relate within clear agreements:
- Taking for your own pleasure – you do what you want, while respecting the other’s boundaries;
- Allowing another to take from you – they do what they want with your permission, and maintaining your boundaries;
- Serving another for their pleasure – you do what they want, within your own boundaries;
- Accepting the gift of another’s service – they do what you want, while maintaining their own boundaries.
What will happen?
Understanding and embodying the Wheel of Consent happens best through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, this workshop invites you to learn through touch-based exercises.
- You’ll learn what ‘Receiving’ and ‘Giving’ really mean (they’re not what you might think!) – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy
- You’ll learn to tell them apart, learn when to use each of them, and come to appreciate and enjoy each of them.
- You’ll learn the framework of the Wheel of Consent and experience its four Quadrants as a foundation for connection
- You will experience pleasure and sensation in your own skin in a way that you can access any time you choose
- You’ll become aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them
There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but it is never required. You are welcome to watch the entire time if you like. The workshop is clothed.
Who is this for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues. No prior experience necessary. Whether you’ve worked with the Wheel before or whether you haven’t, there are always new levels of awareness to be found.
Many people have found this workshop and the Wheel of Consent to be life-changing. The Wheel allows you to bring clarity, ease, freedom, gratitude and generosity into all your interactions.
All shades on the gender and sexuality spectrums are welcome. The workshop is open to singles and couples, although you will be invited to work with different members of the group at different times.
Please arrive in time to start the session at 10.00. You should wear, or bring, loose, comfortable clothing, in which you can move freely. Please avoid wearing clothing which is very revealing, or using strong scents. You are also welcome to bring any additional items which help you to feel comfortable and safe. Blankets and cushions will be available.
A vegetarian home-cooked lunch is available at Newbold House for an additional cost of £10 per person each day. Please indicate if you would like to sign up for this when making your workshop booking.
We are all born with the instinct to breathe, to move, and to make sound.
We are all born into a body, with a mind of our own, and a unique spirit.
Our ability to touch and be touched, both physically and emotionally, is what weaves all these parts of us together.
If you’d like to learn more tools to listen to, understand and communicate what your body needs, contact me